Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Did I tell you I threw my dog a party?

I love my family more than life itself, but I have also been an animal lover since I was young.  I have always had pets, and will always continue to do so.  Seriously...horses, dogs, chickens, and a few new additions coming in 2012 should indicate my love of animals (for the record, I do not love the chickens, but I sure do like having them on the farm).   I absolutely love what I do for a living, but if I were ever to win the lottery, my dream would be to open an animal rescue/sanctuary. 
So, there is no denying that I love the furry critters I currently own.  Genga is only the second dog (next to Bailey the BEST lab ever!) who I have known their actual date of birth.  My sweet Bailey was born on Valentine's Day 1996, and Wonder Dog Genga came with papers so I have her birth certificate.  With that said, Wonder Dog recently turned 2 and Caroline and I decided we needed to celebrate her big day.  I would always buy Bailey a "meal" on his birthday- generally this "meal" consisted of hamburgers and/or steak- and he got an ice cream too.  Now, Bailey was fabulous in all senses and had an iron gut...sweet thing LOVED to eat anything and never got sick.  I still laugh when I remember him hijacking my lunch that summer we lived WAY OUT in the country and far from any place to get a replacement meal. Lord, I miss that dog.  Anyway, Wonder Dog has a sensitive stomach although I think it is starting to change--apparently a smoked pork chop does not make her sick like a small piece of cheese would do months ago- so we stay cautious with what she eats. For her birthday, though, Caroline and I opted to "celebrate" in Bailey fashion and get her some ice cream.  We went the dog-ice cream route and purchased Frosty Paws, got her a new bone, and  got her some treats.  Caroline decided it wasn't a "real" party without hats and candles so we got those as well- she wanted to "invite" all of her dog friends, but we agreed that might be too much for daddy to handle. Speaking of daddy, we decided to celebrate this event prior to him getting home from work.  I know I push his buttons with these dogs, but I didn't want him to have to witness what we were doing---although Face Book has a way to "share" items with everyone. :)

So, I think the photos will speak for themselves, but take a look at Genga's party...





Of course we couldn't leave out sweet Pam, but for such a chunky little dog, she sure did not want to finish her treat...crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment