Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Well, my news just got trumped. Apparently I have 18 more to go...

So, I am very excited to be expecting again.  I feel very blessed as it has not been an easy road for me and Jay.  We have been blessed with one fabulously sassy angel and after thinking it would never happen again, we are expecting a second little girl this spring.  With that said, I want to sidetrack away from our news and share news of something that has gotten under my skin this morning.  While I am working on not being mean--especially in the fabulous situation I am in--I cannot help but to be somewhat "pissed" at a news story this morning.  Yes, the Duggars (of 19 kids and counting fame) are expecting again.  Congrats on firing up that baby-factory again, crazy-haired lady, but there are some of us that cannot celebrate your news. 

Here is some of an article I read and I highlighted the points I would like to kindly remark on:

With a motto like "there's always room for one more," we weren't surprised to hear that Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar of "19 Kids and Counting" are expecting their 20th child. The entire Duggar clan took to the 'Today' show to announce the exciting news to a shocked Ann Curry who was trying to wrap her head around the idea of such a full house.
Due in April, 45-year-old Michelle Duggar knows about the complications her age may place on her pregnancy, that's why she's putting in a good hour each day on the elliptical she was given for her birthday.
"I'm really in better shape than I've been in 20 years," she said.
So could this be the last child for the big family?
"I don't know how it happened," Jim Bob joked. "We didn't want to stop at an odd number."
The couple explained that this is the farthest apart in age any of their children will be. Their youngest and 19th child, Josie, was born in December of 2009.
"We are so excited," Michelle said. "I was not thinking that God would give us another one, and we are just so grateful."
Just last month Michelle told HuffPost Celeb that although she wanted another baby, she didn't know if it was a possibility, given her age: "We would love more but, of course, I'm 45, so we don't know if that will ever happen again. But we love more."
So what's it like being pregnant for the 20th time? We have a feeling that the cameras will be there every step of the way to let us in on the chaos.

So, lets start with the mother of 19 designating 1-hour a day to her elliptical. Congrats on being in the best shape of your life in 20-years, but since the last 20 years you have been the in the shape of "round" really, what the f&%* is your comparison?  Also, who (with having 19 kids in the house) can designate 1-hour a day to work out?  I have one child and one on the way and I barely have time to make a lunch the night before school or get all of the chores done.  Oh yea, that's right...I also work 40+ hours a week so I can pay my bills since I don't have tv cameras in my home to film my mass-breeding abilities for a buck.

So, "I don't know how this happened" joked Jim Bob.  Ok, the only freaking joke here is the fact that your name is Jim Bob and you continue to use it in public. You have 19 kids a$$hole, this line is not funny anymore.  Maybe after the 3rd or 4th you could have used it, but how about...I keep impregnanting my not-in-touch with-wife, that's why we have the #20th on the way.

Ok, "we are so grateful" now, I cannot really argue with this one.  I am grateful that I was given another chance at being a mother.  After lots of loss, and stress on the family, I do feel very blessed to be able to experience this again.  With that said--you know what you have established (19 other freaking times) that you are super fertile...really, how could you be so surprised?

And lastly, "we would love more."  Ok, I would love more too, but c'mon.  I would also love more animals, but who the heck is going to pay to feed and care for them?  Again, I do not have camera crews filming my lame life (which I personally LOVE my "lame life", but I know of no one who wants to see it).

So, I am working on not trying to judge and be mean, but it is kind of hard here with this one.  I know of so many loving families who want to expand their crew and they cannot.  It is hard on them and to have stories such as this "glamorize" what really is (I think) not normal is hurtful and just doesn't seem right.  I am a christian and I know my God provides for me, but I am also aware that my God doesn't have an account at Commmerical Bank and can write a few checks for me to  bust out a few payments here and there for some of my wants.  Also, I know God (ok, lets keep this PC, and I will say "my" God) created us and designed us to be able to procreate and such, but you know...God also put people on this earth who are doctors, creators, inventors and well...even ones who have designed the condom and other forms of birth control.   Again, I don't want to sound hateful especially in my condition, but someone popping out their 20th human should not be a top news story when there are other more important things going on in people's lives.

1 comment: