Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What the heck happended to the last few weeks?

I find myself asking this question a lot lately.  Really, what the heck just happended?  One day it was two weeks before Christmas (when we decided to finally get started on Christmas shopping) and the next it is already the first week of the new year.  We were blessed with a wonderful holiday season, great time with great family and a nice family vacation to boot, but dang it went by fast. Thinking things will slow down, I realized I can just offer that thought right up.  We have Caroline's b'day party in a few weekends (girl will have celerated for a month by then, but when you are born right after Christmas and on school break what do you expect?) and then the realization that we need to completely re-arrange the house.  So, the one day off this month, will now be spent removing all toys from the play room to paint for little sister to get her nursery back... and then take it from there. 

I can go on and on about what we "need" to do, but let me update you all on the above mentioned vacation. We finally did it...yes, we went to Disney with our little princess.  I cannot thank my parents enough for their generousity as they provided the place to stay and tickets for our crew---thanks, Gigi & Da! They got to witness their grandchild experience it all and I only hope they enjoyed it as much as we did.  I know they spent WAY TOO much on us and I do not think we can ever repay them, but I  hope they know (even though it probably appeared that we fled out of the parking lot Monday morning) we are ever so grateful.  With that said, I think we are good avoiding the Orlando...hell, make that the entire Central Florida region for another five years (or more).  Caroline did point out that technically her little sister got to visit as well, so we are good for a while...a long while at that. 

I am not sure if it was the hormones, or just the fact my heart was overloaded, but I teared up a ton while on this trip.  To see our sweet little angel take in all the sights and get to experience all that she did was amazing.  We went to the Magic Kingdom (with 100,000+ of our close personal friends might I add) as well as Sea World.  To my surprise (I am very fearful of deep water...regardless where/what form- tanks, pools, seas- it is) Sea World was my favorite.  Don't get me wrong, Disney was great and Caroline got to meet the Princesses---freaking priceless...except I will note that I think Cinderella was either hungover or just DONE for the day, but Belle and Auroa kicked ass-- and was in awe.  Her "favorite" (Sleeping Beauty) spent extra time teaching her to twirl and courtsey and my chatty little punk was speechless.  We got autographs, photos and memories galore.  I am glad we got to see it, but Sea World rocked it on day 2. I am sure it has to do with my resemblence to Shamua and the chubby sea lions looking at me like their mother ship, but it was awesome.  Caroline informed me she was going to work there when she got older...as a princess Dolphin trainer (as if there is any other kind).

No comments:

Post a Comment