Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A great "what if..."

So, it didn't really happen...but I came real close so I felt the need to share- shocker, I know.  Monday was a holiday, so Caroline and I had lots of "to-dos" that we wanted to work on.  Of course, we will slow out of the gate, but nonetheless things got going.  I decided to tackle the farm chores early and went to feed all of the critters.  I went to the coop where I discovered we lost a little white-feathered lady.  Funny things about chickens...they do not mourn as big red proved while she was laying eggs right next to the crime scene.  Anywho, I go to the barn to get the shovel to give little bit the proper farm funeral.  I scoop her up and head to the coop door.  Did I ever share there is a large beam (ok, just a heavy board) at eye level around the door area of the coop?  Well, we have had it there for over 8 months, yet apparently in my rush to balance the dead hen on the shovel and not let the others out, I clearly run my large head straight into it.  I saw stars- LARGE stars- and I probably lost a few memories as well due to the blow I took.  I didn't knock myself out...but I came pretty darn close.  And with that...I started to laugh my arse off.  I checked my head for any bleeding, regained my grip of the dead hen shovel and continued on to the burial.  As I was walking- still seeing some stars might I add- all I could think of is "what if I really knocked myself out?"  I laughed at the thought of seeing my loved ones come out to see me laid out...in chicken poop....with a dead hen on my chest somewhere (because, that's where it would have landed on my in my story) and all of the other birds running amuck.   Would that not have been a "what the h&^@ happened here?" kind of story.  

So, shockingly I escaped this scenario as a real life event, but I had to share as this is what goes down on the Knight's farm. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment