Monday, March 5, 2012

Knight family update

I haven't blogged in a while--it has been INSANELY crazy for this second time mommy-to-be - but we are closing in on our due date and I wanted to get something new on here to check in and update the small amount of you who check in :). 

So, lots of things have been happening.  I am partially packed for the hospital - baby's bag is packed, mommy's is a work in progress- the nursery is ALL set (woohoo!) and well, the big sister to be is still sassy as ever.  We are sporting a brand new car seat and it is just waiting for a sweet little girl to occupy it soon.  Speaking of soon....we are right at 2 weeks until our scheduled due date.  I was hoping she would come a little early, and by little early, I think I mean...ok, NOW!  I have loved being pregnant.  Although we have had some epic fails, we have been blessed with 2 picture perfect pregnancies....I guess it is a trade off for loss. I am beyond grateful for the second opportunity to bring that new life into the world.  I am grateful that sweet sassy pants Caroline will be a big sister soon, and I am grateful to feel that sweet healthy baby kick the stew out of my insides on a daily basis.  With that said, I would love for her to c'mon already.  I am ready to see her, hold her, thank her and know that she is okay.  If I can throw in some selfish reasons too, let me add.... I am ready to be able to walk without taking a step where I feel like I am about to hit the ground.  I am ready to be able to bend over again and see my feet (vain, but true).  I am ready to be able to not have to get up 5 times a night to pee....and yes, I know I will be getting up that many times with the new one, but that is a different reason all together.  I am ready to be a family of 4...yes, 4!!!  I am just ready.  Am I scared...well, @^&* yea I am.  I am scared that I will not be able to pull this all off.  I am scared that labor and delivery will not go how I hope.  I am scared that my drugs will "not work" as they didn't last time (yes, that one is selfish, but for the record.....it hurts like a you-know-what) and I am scared that I will not be able to juggle handling two children, a family and a career.  I know it will all work out, I know I can do it (and kick ass at it) yet, it is still very overwhelming at times. 

But, I am ready to face it head on and be able to say "my girls"--I love that...."GIRLS!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment