Monday, March 5, 2012

Knight critter update...

Although they are family, I think they deserve their own post today.  We haven't had too many crazy animal antics happen recently, so lets just go with a general update.

Ahhh, my beautiful sweet furry children...

Well, Pam is doing well actually.  We have a pretty good evening strategy that has her only tinkling on the brilliantly placed puppy pads, so we have outsmarted her for now.  She is super sweet and has been very maternal towards me.  She has had babies before, so I feel as though she "knows" and is somewhat sympatico with me being preggers.

Genga... ahhh, my sweet, brilliant Genga.  I really think I am going in labor soon as Genga is more under my feet than usual--seriously, she literally stands/sits where I am working in and around the house.  At the sink, she will not budge and I will have to reach over her to get to it . Can I add it is very hard to handle cooking dinner with a large GSD in your way?  At night she wakes up and walks me to the bathroom everytime I get up....she sits and stares at me, and let's just say at 3am with a large puppy staring you down, it is just odd.  She pats her paw on my side of the bed and will place her head just so that when I open my eyes (if not already having gone to the bathroom) I pee my pants.  Again, a set of large dog eyes (although beautiful and loving) 6 inches from the face in the middle of the night can be alarming---I generally know she is there, because she is blowing her hot nostril air straight up my own nose.  She "talks" to me more than she used to and is just more "into" me, if that makes sense.  She has stopped jumping up on me so I do not get any more bear hugs---yes, I actually miss those full on, mortal-combat-styled hugs-- and is just great...but I think she knows something is coming up soon.  She has also learned a valuable lesson and has not been near the road since the "incident" back in January, and she being VERY sweet to where daddy (God love him) hasn't given me a hard time about her pretty much being inside 24/7...and let's be honest, she is in ALL of the time.   :)

For the record (and my defense) I feel safe with her in the house especially with Jay's hours and with the fact I am 9 months pregnant.


The horses, well...still fabulous as ever. I owe them some more TLC, but they seem pleased with the massive amount of feed, hay and snacks they get that they really do not seem to mind I haven't pulled their manes in 4 months.

The chickens, well. they are MASS producers of eggs and it is out of control.  We planned to get more this spring, but not sure yet...although, crap, I should admit, I will get more when they arrive at the feed store in the next few weeks as I am a sucker. 

Caroline wants a duck, so we may just try to pull that addition off as well.  We--ok, when I say "we" in reference to animals, everyone should know that I mean me and Caroline (and baby gets a vote in our favor too)- also want a mini-horse added to our family as well.  I thought (in my mind, it is brillant strategy) that getting a mini-horse would remind Jay that the large GSD in the house is nothing.  Because I mean, c'mon a true mini-horse will be too small to stay out at night, right? 

Listen, I watch Tori & Dean....they have a pig in a Beverly Hills mansion.  So, what is wrong with a mini-horse in a Thomasville, cottage?  EXACTLY...nothing wrong with that one! (if you disagreed with that last sentence, well then, please, just stop reading my blog) 

No comments:

Post a Comment