Monday, August 20, 2012

Put me out to pasture

Learned this morning...

1- I am too old to go down the 40ft water slide
2- I am too out of shape
3- I need to actually use my jogging stroller for jogging


Some of our most favorite-ist (yea, its a word...or should be) people hosted a party for their son's big day.  They rented one of those massive inflatable water slides and Caroline had a blast the entire party sliding down that thing at mach1.  Well, when you rent one, you get it for the entire weekend.  So, we (mainly Jay did the inviting) were invited back Sunday to cook out and use the slide.  This time (since it is just us) I bring out the old swimsuit and plan on sliding with Caroline.  O...M...G!  First, that thing was pretty high.  Second, I know the bigger one is, the faster they go, but holy %^&%! I shot down that thing like a bullet and am surprised my big arse didn't bust through the bottom pool/retaining pond/limb collector.  WOOHOO- the first one was done and I had to go again.  Feeling like a 10 year old (while looking like an 80 year old) I went back over and over (and over...) for my thrills.  The last time I went down I must have (as my non-limber body contorted in ways it never has) slid by - and against- the velcro union that holds together certain pieces of the slide...yep, burned the snot out of my wrist.  Not highlighting that I was wussing out, I also realized I was out of breath and needed to end the embarassment.  I dried off and enjoyed the rest of the time eating, watching the kids and laughing with the cool peeps.

Our mattress sucks, but I woke up this morning hurting like no other and nope, it wasn't that lumpy old serta who was resposible for the pain.  Yes--it was all of my sliding!  I know there have to be bruises working their way up to the surface of my skin, but damn...I am feeling it.  I am taking Wonder Dog out for walks starting...ok, probably not tonight (it is raining), but tomorrow and am going to do something about this.  I have little ones and I am not going to be the mom who cannot climb the slide, jump in the bouncy house, nor kick-ass at any other kid activity- I do them now, but I do not want to be sore for two days afterwards anymore.

So, it took a 40ft waterslide to kick start my fitness-awareness-changes-to -my-current-slacker-ways.

Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Exactly one of the reasons I'm starting my whole "bringing sexy back" fitness thing. I don't want to be a sideline Mom!

    ReplyDelete