Monday, June 25, 2012

Reason #476 why my family kicks a$$

I have the best family in the world. From my awesome biological family, to the great family I gained by marriage, to the friends who I consider family and who are probably ahead of me in any will.  :) I get a message today from my cousin (she is my dad's cousin, so I guess my second-cousin...regardless, she is my cousin) that she will be only a few hours from where we live come November.  She lives in New York where 99% of my dad's family still resides.  I have already been blessed to have my cousin Jaimie, her hubby, and her awesome kids come to town this past spring break from NY---and  yes, I miss them SO much! Well, now, Samantha (yes, my child and my cousin share the name) will be in Atlanta.  I am planning my trip with my crew to go spend time with her.  She is a pretty kick-ass chick...again, she is MY cousin and well, the Ponzillos are just that- AWESOME! ;)  Get this, she will be in the ATL for a roller-derby championship tournament (ok, I hope I didnt botch that...could be playoffs, death match, well, you name it...those chicks are rad so I do not want to offend with my lack of derby-terminology) and I think it will be beyond fascinating to see it in action.  Samantha (cousin) had a derby shirt made for Caroline a while back that reads 'Funky Monkey' as that is her roller-derby given nickname by my roller-derby cousin.  Well, get this---little Samantha got her name today.  Are you ready? Drumroll..... Sammy Davis Brusier.

I am in LOVE with this and come November, this little south GA family will be in the stands with two little girls (in bows most likely) sporting their 'derby-name' shirts for all to see.  Yes, we shall be a sight and I am pretty sure Caroline, excuse me- Funky Monkey- will be ready for her roller-derby debut shortly after.

Flashback-


The front reads: 'roller girl in training'

The back is all business with "Funky Monkey'



YAY, for great news to kick off my week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment