Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday funday, I really want a sundae...

Do you ever have one of those days where all you really want to do is eat junk food and wear stretchy pants so you have more room for said consumption?  I actually am having a great day (thus far).  Samantha is getting over a cold and must be going through a growth spurt as she ate like a T-Rex this weekend.  She is still super sweet and super happy....just super hungry.  Caroline was her sassy little self as well.  Yesterday, we (ok, me and Caroline) took on the spontaneous plan to re-do her room.  We grabbed some spray paint at Lowes and planned to just spray paint her dresser to 'match' her bed and be done with it.  Well, two pieces of painted furniture, shifting of curtains, new placement of furniture, pictures re-hung, and closets/drawers cleaned out later, girly pants has sweet new digs.  I must say that I had not planned it, but loved what we got accomplished.  Had I not completely jacked up cooking dinner, I would have thought I was super-mom yesterday.  Caroline story sidebar- as we are going through the re-do, Caroline 'finds' all of her stuff that she just cannot live without.  She goes through the garbage bag to ask me why I am throwing away a sticker, and begs me not to put up the pair of shorts that would go so far up her a$$ she would walk like a flamingo.  I love her, but she was pushing my buttons.  I asked her to do something and (in true Caroline fashion) it took me about three request to get her attention and for her to finally do it.  As she picks up the item, she states (in a tone that would warrant a time-out) "goodness, mommy...tone down the bossy pants."  It took all I had not to pee my pants.  I love her so much, but buddy are we in for it.

So, to the ice cream part. I do not want these times to end.  It is summer, the kids (ok, Samantha's activities are less exciting) have lots to do, and I just want to play with them, be at home and make sundaes.  It isn't too much to ask, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment