Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hypocrites...

So, I am busier than ever, but something was brought to my attention and I just cannot let it slip by.  Recently, an incident occured which involved people I care for.  While the reason for this incident is BEYOND frustrating, it happened...and no one was hurt. It did not affect anyone else who was willing to mind their own business.  With that said, apparently the 'perfect' person next door took time off from being Jesus' official recording secretary to show her true self and bash the people at the center of the incident.  You ask why I noted her assumed profession, well, it's because her facebook page is plastered with ministry-based quotes, thoughts and supports for others in her church that I figure she must be working for the big man directly.  Now, I know some of her 'church' FB peeps and I am pretty sure they would love to realize that she is only a christian part-time...right? Because if she were a full-time christian, she wouldn't resort to letting all of FB land (luckily, she really has limited friends...reminder- she is an a$$hole) know the traumatic events her neighbors went through all while making fun of it/them, would she?  Where are her neighbors in all of this you may ask, well, they are the kind people who have supported her through her craziness and have not said a word about her situation.


In a completely juvenile way of dealing, this was my facebook posting today. 


"I find it very ironic that one can bash someone via facebook then completely paint themselves as the second coming of Christ with their ministry and faith-related status updates. While I shouldn't judge, I would like to point out that at least the one you bashed has a clinical diagnosis of the reason(s) they struggle- you, well, maybe you should try to practice what you preach...you know, there isn't a pill you can take to make you less of an a$$hole".


The reason I did this, is becuase I saw PTC (part-time christian) post something on a friend of mine's recent photo. I adore this friend and the work they do, but PTC's posting intrigued me.  I took a look into her page. Because I have met PTC before, I was kind of surprised to see her new christ-filled posts and stories- not knocking God, more people need him and more power to them if they have found him- and then I get to the post where PTC throws out the word 'trash' aimed at the neighbors. Let me first tell you something about myself. The people close to me (family and friends) are my blood, I will fight you to the death for them if you attack. Second, I am Italian- it is in my freaking DNA to want to harm you for attacking those I care for.  So, when I see this I get pissed like no other.  Not that my FB posting is going to solve anything, but sometimes it feels good to get things out like that.  I will be the first to admit that my mouth can override myself so I talk a big talk sometimes, but in all sense---I do not want to go to jail so I do not act.  If only I had the balls to back what I think. 




I have never, and never will, paint myself as a perfect person.  I do consider myself a christian, but I am also a realist and I am never one to withhold my opinions.  I own my faults and do not portray myself as a church-going saint.  I am human, I am flawed, I curse too much, I do not pray enough.  I went to parochial school for 6 years and still cannot tell you what books are where in the bible.  I have used the lord's name in vain (I apologize to him A LOT for that) and it would really benefit me to work on my resentment issues...but I am who I am.  I know that none of this makes me a bad person and I know my god does not judge me...but I also know he doesn't turn his back when I judge others- he probably winces though. Feel free to pray for my soul now. 

1 comment:

  1. to interject in the reasons why you'll beat a bitch:

    3. My dad is THE fricking Capitan!!

    Thatisall

    ReplyDelete